Sunday, March 7, 2010

Biography CA1

Biography Of My Father

My father was born in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia in 1962. He is the younger of two children.

When my father was young, he loved to read books by Enid Blyton such as The Famous Five, The Five Find-Outers and The Secret Seven. My father used to climb cherry trees to pick cherries for his cherry gun. This gun was made from a long ruler with rubber bands and a clothes peg and it shoots cherries. His favourite toys were his cherry gun, a battery operated passenger aeroplane, a toy Volkswagen and his plastic cowboys, Indians and soldiers.

Some of his favourite television programmes include Land Of The Giants, Star Trek, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea and Ultraman.

My father studied in St. John’s Institution in Kuala Lumpur. He started Primary 1 in 1969. He was good in his studies and used to win prizes in Primary School. As a child, he wanted to be a doctor.

When he was in Secondary School, he joined the St. John’s Ambulance Brigade as an Extra-Curricular Activity. My father and his teammates won the National First Aid Competition in 1979.

My father came to Singapore in 1980 and studied in National Junior College. He completed his A-Levels in 1981 and went to study Building and Estate Management in the National University of Singapore. He graduated in 1986 in the middle of the recession.

After eight months of trying to find a job, he finally found work as a valuer in Jones Lang Wootton. My father worked there for nine years before he resigned and went to work at DTZ.

My father met my mother in 1989 while working in Jones Lang Wootton and they were married in 1992.

My father had an enjoyable childhood, had loving parents, good friends and believes in hard work, honesty, integrity and perseverance.

No comments: